Our Australian Power Control & Protection Course is based on the renowned Basler Electric Power Control & Protection Conference with some adaptations for the Australian power generation market.
If you are interested in our product courses please click here.
Our 2017 Australian Power Control & Protection Course is not scheduled yet.
Register your interest and we will contact you as soon as we have more details.
Who should attend?
New and experienced Electrical Engineers and Technicians involved in the Design, Application and Maintenance of Excitation, Synchronising, Paralleling and Protection Systems for Generators. If you are a member of Engineers Australia, this course will entitle you to log 20 Hours of your annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
What will you learn?
- Synchronous Generator Principles
- Excitation System Principles of Operation
- AEMO Grid Connection & Rules (Eastern Courses)
- Western Power Connection & Rules (WA Courses)
- Generator Protection Philosophy
- Designing an Excitation System
- Application of Excitation System Componentry
- Tuning a PID Controller
- Power System Stabiliser Theory
- Typical Excitation Retrofit Applications
To ensure the best interaction with the presenters, the number of participants is limited so we encourage you to confirm your participation as soon as possible. Enrolment is based on registration and receipt of payment on a first-come, first-served basis. We look forward to welcoming you and to providing you with the latest and most detailed information you will need for your present and future Power Generation Control and Protection applications.
This is what others thought of our previous PCPCs:
“Good value, good depth into the theory of automatic voltage regulation and parallel generators” – Peter Handley, Senior Generation Development Engineer, Ergon Energy
“Very well run with adequate coverage on very useful topics’’ – Joe Basse, Manager Network, PNG Power
‘’Well worthwhile – covers a broad range of relevant topics (Lewis Koch, Production Technician, AGL)
“Highly recommended (Sisira Karunaratne, Snowy Hydro)
“Very benficial to those in the power generation industry, the course is applied to cater for different skill/knowledge levels” – Glyn Davies, Electrician, Barrick
“Materials well presented and speakers put best efforts to present. It is a valuable and informative experience and would I recommend it” – Hassan Al-Khalidi, Protection Control & Automation Engineer, SP Ausnet
“Excellent course content for both Jnr and Snr personnel involved in the generation industry” – Alan Picco, Focus Systems Engineering
- Closed Loop Control Systems
- Operating Principles Of Generators
- Automatic Voltage Regulator Selection
- Introduction to Synchronising
- Designing a Voltage Regulating System
- Voltage Regulation and Parallel Operation with Generators
- Parallel Operation with a Network
- AEMO/Western Power Rules to Connect, Process & Performance Test
- Application of Static Excitation Systems for replacement of Pilot and Rotary Exciter
- Generator Protection
- Excitation System Protection
- PID Tuning of AVR/Excitation System
- Introduction to Power System Stability